AWS Architecture and Best Practices
- AWS Architecture Blog, Official Blog, AWS Labs, AWS Quick Start
- AWS Case Studies
- AWS Best Practices and Tips. AWS Performance. Handling AWS Failures and Outages
- AWS Well Architected Framework
- nops.io: Discover How to Compare Cloud Workloads for Risk Management on AWS The AWS Well-Architected Framework provides best practices guidance to optimize workloads based on the Framework’s five pillars — operational excellence, security, reliability, performance efficiency, and cost optimization.
- aws.amazon.com/well-architected-tool: AWS Well-Architected Tool Do couple of WAR (Well-Architect Review) for public cloud. Basically it is to scan the cloud on 5-6 KPI’s : Performance, Cost, Operations, Business etc..
- AWS application-architecture
- Optimizing your AWS Infrastructure for Sustainability, Part I: Compute
- Optimizing your AWS Infrastructure for Sustainability, Part II: Storage
- AWS App2Container: Migrate your Applications to Containers at Scale
- dev.to: How Well-Architected Enables Junior Engineers
- This is My Architecture Innovative cloud architectures from AWS partners and customers. ‘This is My Architecture’ is a video series that showcases innovative architectural solutions on the AWS Cloud by customers and partners. Each episode examines the most interesting and technically creative elements of each cloud architecture.
- Creating a Multi-Region Application with AWS Services – Part 1, Compute, Networking, and Security
- Creating a Multi-Region Application with AWS Services – Part 2, Data and Replication
- Let’s Architect! Architecting microservices with containers Microservices structure an application as a set of independently deployable services. They speed up software development and allow architects to quickly update systems to adhere to changing business requirements. According to best practices, the different services should be loosely coupled, organized around business capabilities, independently deployable, and owned by a single team. If applied correctly, there are multiple advantages to using microservices. However, working with microservices can also bring challenges. In this edition of Let’s Architect!, we explore the advantages, mental models, and challenges deriving from microservices with containers.
- Strategies for consolidating AWS environments
AWS Architecture Blog, Official Blog, AWS Labs, AWS Quick Start
- AWS Architecture Blog
- AWS Official Blog
- AWS Labs GitHub
- AWS Quick Start Reference Deployments
- InfoWorld Review – Amazon Aurora Rocks MySQL
- AWS Cost Explorer Update – Access to EC2 Usage Data
AWS Case Studies
- Thomas Publishing Case Study After moving to AWS, we were able to shut down our largest data center, eliminating hundreds of thousands of dollars in associated real estate, facility operations, and power and cooling costs.
AWS Best Practices and Tips. AWS Performance. Handling AWS Failures and Outages
- AWS Tips I Wish I’d Known Before I Started (Feb 2014) A collection of random tips for Amazon Web Services (AWS) that I wish I’d been told a few years ago, based on what I’ve learned by building and deploying various applications on AWS.
- DZone: 5 Tips for Better AWS Performance The Ngnix team has a nice list of tips for better performance when using the AWS services. Some of them are related to Ngnix, but others are completely usable for anyone.
- DZone: Dude, Where’s My Performance?
- DZone: A Guide to Performance Challenges with AWS EC2: Part 1
- DZone: A Guide to Performance Challenges With AWS EC2: Part 2 Using Amazon Web Services? Learn how to get your Elastic Compute Cloud instances to perform better than your competitors.
- DZone: A Guide to Performance Challenges With AWS EC2: Part 3 In the second part of his guide covering performance challenges in AWS EC2, Saba Anees covers instances and the right applications for your workloads.
- DZone: A Guide to Performance Challenges With AWS EC2: Part 4 In the final part of his series covering performance challenges with AWS EC2, Saba Anees goes over poor ELB performance and handling AWS failures and outages.
- The Truth About Downtime in the Cloud
- thenewstack.io: Avoid the 5 Most Common Amazon Web Services Misconfigurations in Build-Time
- zarantech.com: Top 5 Pillars of AWS Well-Architected Structure
- foreseeti.com: How to become and stay AWS well architected in a smart way
- AWS Architecture Blog: Use templated answers to perform Well-Architected reviews at scale
- medium.com/@buraktahtacioglu: AWS Well-Architected Framework — AWS Roadmap