Jenkins Alternatives for Continuous Integration
- Introduction and Comparisons
- Cloud Native CI/CD
- Integration with other CI/CD engines
Introduction and Comparisons
- lambdatest.com: 21 Of The Best Jenkins Alternatives For Developers
- dzone: Which CI is Best For My Team?
- inovex.de: Spinnaker vs. Argo CD vs. Tekton vs. Jenkins X: Cloud-Native CI/CD
- medium: Top 7 Best CI/CD Tools you should get your hands on in 2020
- dzone: Jenkins vs GitLab CI: Battle of CI/CD Tools The battle of CI/CD tools rages on — come and find out which is the right tool for your DevOps testing needs.
- lambdatest.com: TeamCity vs. Jenkins: Picking The Right CI/CD Tool
- cBamboo vs Jenkins: Showdown Of CI/CD Tools
- blog.thundra.io: The CI/CD War of 2021: A Look at the Most Popular Technologies
- lambdatest.com: CircleCI Vs. GitLab: Choosing The Right CI/CD Tool
- acloudguru.com: Azure DevOps vs GitHub: Comparing Microsoft’s DevOps Tools 🌟
- medium: Choosing a CI that grows at the same pace as a scale-up 🌟
- GitHub Actions
- Jenkins X
- OpenShift Pipelines
- Circle CI
- lambdatest.com: Jenkins vs Travis vs Bamboo vs TeamCity: Clash Of The Titans
- Cloudbees Flow
- GitLab CI
- harness.io: AutoStopping Rules For Kubernetes Clusters Harness Intelligent Cloud AutoStopping Rules help manage your resources automatically to make sure that they run only when used, never when idle.
- skaffold Local Kubernetes Development. Skaffold handles the workflow for building, pushing and deploying your application, allowing you to focus on what matters most: writing code.
- AWS DevOps - CICD
- Google Cloud Build
- Kubeflow The Machine Learning Toolkit for Kubernetes
- Screwdriver API Screwdriver is a self-contained, pluggable service to help you build, test, and continuously deliver software using the latest containerization technologies.
- Circle CI
- Getting started with Kubernetes: how to set up your first cluster
- Adding approval jobs to your CI pipeline
- Building CI/CD pipelines using dynamic config
- Managing reusable pipeline configuration with object parameters
- dev.to: CI/CD: Automating our build and deploy process
- towardsdatascience.com: How to Build an Automated Development Pipeline A playbook for developing software with minimum frustration
- circleci.com: Performing database tests on SQL databases
- Travis CI
- lambdatest.com: How To Build Your First CI/CD Pipeline With Travis CI?
- lambdatest.com: Building A CI/CD Pipeline With Travis CI, Docker, And LambdaTest
- GitHub Actions CI/CD
- docs.github.com: Learn GitHub Actions
- blog.bitsrc.io: Github Actions or Jenkins? Making the Right Choice for You GitHub Actions and Jenkins both get the job done. Let’sfind out whether it’s worth considering moving from Jenkins.
- openshift.com: Deploying to OpenShift using GitHub Actions
- particule.io: Automatic build with Github Actions and Github Container Registry
- proandroiddev.com: Improving CI/CD pipeline for Android via Fastlane and GitHub Actions
- redhat.com: Red Hat and GitHub Collaborate to Expand the Developer Experience on Red Hat OpenShift with GitHub Actions Industry’s leading enterprise Kubernetes platform now integrates with GitHub, bringing DevOps automation tools from the world’s largest developer platform into the OpenShift ecosystem
- Awesome GitHub Actions
- yokawasa/action-setup-kube-tools A GitHub Action that setupKubernetes tools (kubectl, kustomize, helm, kubeval, conftest, yq) and cache them on the runner. It is like a typescriptversion of stefanprodan/kube-tools with no command input param, but it’s very fast as it installs the tools asynchronously.
- summerwind/actions-runner-controller This controller operatesself-hosted runners for GitHub Actions on your Kubernetes cluster.
- towardsdatascience.com: Jenkins for CI Is Dead: Why Do People Hate It and What’s the Alternative? GitHub actions How toautomatically build your Docker images; a case study.
- keptn Keptn not only orchestrates Continuous Deployment, but it also orchestrates Continuous or Automated Operations.
- dynatrace.com: What is keptn, how it works and how to get started!
- medium: Keptn 0.6.0 — My top 5 favorite improvements
- Quick Start
- altoros.com: Automating Event-Based Continuous Delivery on Kubernetes with keptn
- medium: How we are redesigning our microservices deployment strategy Sharing the story of why we decided to adopt Keptn internally at Dynatrace and how we are making it happen
- jetbrains.com: Storing Project Settings in Version Control
- blog.jetbrains.com: Configuration as Code, Part 1: Getting Started with Kotlin DSL
- github.com/OctopusDeploy/Octopus-TeamCity: JetBrains TeamCity plugin to trigger releases on build completion
- Octopus Deploy - deployment tool
- octopus.com: Octopus Configuration-as-Code with a language based on Hashicorp’s HCL
- octopus.com: Deployment process as code If youwant to do Octopus configuration as code today, we recommend using our .NET SDK which will always be supported. The Terraformprovider will be a simpler, more declarative approach, that we will support in the future.
- registry.terraform.io: octopusdeploy Provider
- github.com/OctopusDeploy/go-octopusdeploy Go API Client for OctopusDeploy. A Go client for the Octopus Deploy API. This client is used by the Octopus Deploy Terraform Provider.
JFrog DevOps Platform
- jfrog.com: JFrog DevOps Platform
- jfrog.com: Pipelines CI/CD and the JFrog Platform Difference
- jfrog.com: How I Leaped Forward My Jenkins Build with JFrog Pipelines
- youtube: jfrog - Modern App Deployments: How to use NGINX and JFrog to Automate your Blue/Green deployments
- cloud.redhat.com: Cloud DevOps With OpenShift and JFrog
- Semaphore Hosted CI/CD for teams that don’t like bottlenecks
- semaphoreci.com: Revving up Continuous Integration with Parallel Testing Is your CI/CD pipeline slow? Do wait times make you feel unproductive? Parallel testing is an indispensable technique for reducing wait times. And mastering it is key to getting the most out of CI/CD.
- devtron-labs/devtron is an open source software delivery workflow for kubernetes written in go. Web based CI/CD Platform for Kubernetes.
Cloud Native CI/CD
- cloudbees.com: what is jenkins-x
- Book: The DevOps 2.6 Toolkit: Jenkins X
- Traces for your pipelines: Jenkins X v3 now comes with tracing support for your pipelines out of the box
- spinnaker.io deployment tool
- Deploy Spinnaker CD Pipelines in Kubernetes
- speakerdeck.com: Introduction to Spinnaker Managed Pipeline Templates
- speakerdeck.com: Spinnaker Application management by Terraform Plugins
- medium: Spinnaker The Hard Way
- opensource.com: Why Spinnaker matters to CI/CD Spinnaker provides unique building blocks to create tailor-made,and highly-collaborative continuous delivery pipelines.
- medium: How we rolled out our Kubernetes platform in Adevinta Spain
- harness.io: Best Spinnaker Alternatives to Consider
- armory.io: Build a Deployment Pipeline with Spinnaker on Kubernetes
- jenkins-x.io: Traces for your pipelines Jenkins X v3 now comes with tracing support for your pipelines out of the box,using Grafana and Tempo directly to store and visualize traces.
- gspann.com: Significance of Using Spinnaker When Adopting a Kubernetes Environment 🌟 Spinnaker acts as a multi-cloud deployment tool to support continuous workflows in a Kubernetes nvironment. Understand the Spinnaker architecture and learn about the best practices that can help you better deploy applications on Kubernetes clusters.
- ArgoCD Declarative GitOps CD for Kubernetes
- Tekton PetClinic Demo
- Tekton PetClinic Demo Youtube
- OpenShift Tekton pipelines
- developers.redhat.com: An introduction to cloud native CI/CD with Red Hat OpenShift pipelines
- blog.openshift.com: cloud native CI/CD with openshift pipelines
- Easily reuse Tekton and Jenkins X from Jenkins
- lambda.grofers.com: Evolving Continuous Delivery in a Cloud-Native Environment 🌟 In thispost, we’ll discuss the stages through which continuous delivery infrastructure has evolved at Grofers. We’ll start with how we began with Kubernetes and Jenkins and managed itsgrowing adoption. We’ll then discuss why we decided to move from Jenkins to Tekton, how we plan to scale it beyond a few teams, and what kind of challenges we have faced and arecurrently facing.
- We started with Jenkins shared libs, and wrote common implementation for one group of engineering teams. This worked very well because not only were we able to consolidate and refactor all pipelines at once leading to several optimizations, it also made it easy to understand the CI implementation for all similar services and if we were to add common features and bug fixes it was really easy to push it through a common implementation.
- There were benefits of doing this, but what was not desirable is that it took us a lot of effort to build these shared libs and despite our efforts to keep them simple, they ended up looking very complicated. Standard pipeline specs had departed from being declarative in nature and there was a lot of imperative Groovy logic mixed with Pipeline DSL.
- itnext.io: Tekton Pipelines Kickstarter. Cloud Native CI/CD with Tekton — Laying The Foundation
- cd.foundation: Tekton Pipelines Kickstarter. Cloud Native CI/CD with Tekton — Building Custom Tasks
- openshift.com: Running Testcontainers in OpenShift Pipelines With Docker-in-Docker (with Tekton)
- blog.harbur.io: The Seven Steps to build a Cloud Native CI/CD for GitHub repos using Tekton
- itnext.io: Cloud Native CI/CD with Tekton — Building Custom Tasks Learn how to use, buildand deploy custom Tasks for Cloud-Native CI/CD on Kubernetes with Tekton Pipelines…
- opensource.com: Write your first CI/CD pipeline in Kubernetes with Tekton 🌟 Tekton is a Kubernetes-native open source framework for creating continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) systems.
- opensource.com: Dynamic scheduling of Tekton workloads using Triggers Upgrade your CI/CD pipeline with this Kubernetes-native application. Tekton Triggers is a Tekton component that allows you to detect and extract information from events from various sources and execute TaskRuns and PipelineRuns based on that information. It also enables passing extracted information to TaskRuns and PipelineRuns from events.
Jenkins X and Tekton on OpenShift
- Jenkins-X + Tekton on OpenShift
- CI/CD OpenShift and Tekton
- medium: Dailymotion’s journey from Jenkins to Jenkins X
HAT is the acronym for Helm, ArgoCD and Tekton
Integration with other CI/CD engines
- CloudBees Integrates Software Delivery Management Platform With Google Cloud Build and Tekton to Break Down Development Silos
Click to expand!
Click to expand!
THREAD: Is it possible that Kubeflow pipeline is one of the best CI/CD tools for Kubernetes?— Daniele Polencic (@danielepolencic) July 22, 2020
I spent some time playing with Kubernetes & @kubeflow pipelines, and they have one feature which is just great:
You can define the pipeline with real code! pic.twitter.com/gNDzvvkCij