Serverless Architectures and Frameworks
- Serverless Architectures
- Serverless Framework (the most popular serverless ecosystem)
- Orchestrators of Functions on Kubernetes (aka Kubernetes Native Serverless Frameworks or FaaS Providers)
- Popular Deployment Frameworks for AWS Lambda
- martinfowler.com: Serverless Architectures
- developers.redhat.com: Serverless Architecture
- itnext.io: Scaling My App: Serverless vs Kubernetes 🌟
- serverless.com: Comparisons - Serverless vs. other tools
- Is Serverless The End Of Kubernetes? A comparison of both technologies to stop the debate about what is better.
- freecodecamp.org: Serverless is cheaper, not simpler
- medium: What a typical 100% Serverless Architecture looks like in AWS!
- theregister.com: Microservices guru says think serverless, not Kubernetes: You don’t want to manage ‘a towering edifice of stuff’
- serverless.com: Why we switched from docker to serverless
- dzone: The Serverless Path to DevOps Serverless and DevOps combine in this article the uses AWS services as examples of how serverless technologies benefit DevOps processes.
- developers.redhat.com: Orchestrate event-driven, distributed services with Serverless Workflow and Kubernetes
- dzone: The State of Serverless Computing 2021
- dzone: Implementing Serverless Microservices Architecture on AWS In this article, we will explain how enterprises can implement serverless microservices architectures using AWS Cloud.
- docs.google.com: Serverless Guide to Success 2021
- vimal-dwarampudi.medium.com: Serverless Architecture design on major clouds
- dzone: Serverless Guide for Everyone 🌟 Learn everything you need to know about Serverless, including case studies, essential concepts, guidelines, and best practices.
- dzone: When to Use Serverless, and When to Use Kubernetes 🌟 If you are stuck at a crossroads and need some help deciding, here are some conditions which might help you make your selection.
- dzone: Serverless Guide for Everyone Learn everything you need to know about Serverless, including case studies, essential concepts, guidelines, and best practices.
- itnext.io: Kubernetes Serverless simply visually explained 🌟 We explore ways of making Kubernetes serverless in a straight-forward and tool-agnostic way
- kohera.be: Should I use serverless for all my Azure SQL Databases? 🌟
- dev.to/brentmitchell: After 5 years, I’m out of the serverless compute cult
- betterprogramming.pub: Going Serverless? Governance Is Everything When deciding to go serverless, you need to put up some guardrails to protect yourself. If you don’t, you might find yourself in a hole you can’t get out of
Microservices vs. Serverless. Kubernetes vs Serverless
- fathomtech.io: Microservices vs. Serverless
- cloudnowtech.com: Kubernetes vs Serverless – How do you choose? 🌟
- economictimes.indiatimes.com: Thoughtworks XConf Tech Talk Series: Serverless vs. Kubernetes when deploying microservices
- acloudguru.com: Containers vs serverless: Which is right for you? Serverless is one of the hottest new cloud trends. However, I have found it leads to more harm than good in the long run. While I understand some of the problems listed above are not unique to serverless, they are much more prolific; leading engineers to spend most of their time with YAML configuration or troubleshooting function execution rather than crafting business logic. What I find odd is the lack of complaints from the community. If I’m alone in my assessment, I’d love to hear from you in the comments below. I’ve spent a significant amount of time over the last few years working to undo my own serverless mistakes as well as those made by other developers. Maybe I’m the one who has been brainwashed? Time will tell.
- dashbird.io: Serverless Case Study – Coca-Cola
- thenewstack.io: How Daily.Dev Built a Low-Budget Serverless Scraping Pipeline for Online Articles
FaaS: Function as a Service
- wikipedia: FaaS Function as a Service
- redhat.com: What is Function-as-a-Service (FaaS)?
- stackify.com: What Is Function-as-a-Service? Serverless Architectures Are Here!
- dev.to: FaaS on Kubernetes: From AWS Lambda & API Gateway To Knative & Kong API Gateway In this post, you will learn how to build and deploy a REST API powered by serverless functions running on Kubernetes. You will learn how to use Knative, Kong API Gateway, and the kazi CLI
Serverless Ecosystems Comparison
- fauna.com: How does FaaS compare to PaaS and CaaS. A Comparison of Serverless Function (FaaS) Providers
- techbeacon.com: An essential guide to the 2019 serverless ecosystem The Serverless Framework, the most popular option, offers integrations with all major platform providers. Others to consider include (in alphabetical order): Architect (Node, AWS), Chalice (Python, AWS), Claudia.js (Node, AWS), Dawson (Node, AWS), DEEP (Node, AWS), Flogo (Go, AWS), Lambada Framework (Java, AWS), Python-Lambda (Python, AWS), Pulumi (Node/Python/Go, AWS/Azure/GCP/Kubernetes), Shep (Node, AWS), Sparta (Go, AWS), Spring Cloud Function (Java, AWS/Azure/OpenWhisk), and Zappa (Python, AWS).
- vshn.ch: A (Very!) Quick Comparison of Kubernetes Serverless Frameworks
- dev.to: Price Comparison of Popular Serverless Architecture Providers
Serverless Framework (the most popular serverless ecosystem)
Orchestrators of Functions on Kubernetes (aka Kubernetes Native Serverless Frameworks or FaaS Providers)
- epsagon.com: Serverless Open-Source Frameworks: OpenFaaS, Knative, & More 🌟
- winderresearch.com: A Comparison of Serverless Frameworks for Kubernetes: OpenFaas, OpenWhisk, Fission, Kubeless and more
- vshn.ch: A (Very!) Quick Comparison of Kubernetes Serverless Frameworks
- itnext.io: Deploy your first Serverless Function to Kubernetes
- magalix.com: Implementing FaaS in Kubernetes Using Kubeless
- itnext.io: arkade by example — Kubernetes apps, the easy way 🌟
- xenonstack.com: Serverless Architecture with OpenFaaS and Java
- dzone: Getting Started with the OpenFaaS Kubernetes Operator on EKS 🌟
- openfaas.com: Learn how to build functions faster using Rancher’s kim and K3s Learn how the kim tool from Rancher can be used to build functions directly into a K3s cluster.
- kn: knative client Knative developer experience, docs, reference Knative CLI implementation. The Knative client kn is your door to the Knative world. It allows you to create Knative resources interactively from the command line or from within Shell scripts.
- redhat.com: What is knative?
- datacenterknowledge.com: Explaining Knative, the Project to Liberate Serverless from Cloud Giants
OpenShift Serverless with Knative
- OpenShift Serverless
- developers.redhat.com: Build and deploy a serverless app with Camel K and Red Hat OpenShift Serverless 1.5.0 Tech Preview
- openshift.com: Why and When you need to consider OpenShift Serverless
- medium.com: Serverless - Build a Serverless Simple Flask Application with Kubeless on top of Kubernetes
Dapr Microservices Frameworks
- Building microservices? Give Dapr a try Microsoft’s open source, cross-platform microservices framework is ready for prime time at last.
- versusmind.eu: Dapr - a serverless runtime for distributed applications 🌟
- developers.redhat.com: Build and deploy microservices with Kubernetes and Dapr
- dev.to: Running Dapr on Kubernetes The distributed application runtime, Dapr, is a portable, event-driven runtime that can run on the cloud or any edge infrastructure. It puts together the best practices for building microservice applications into components called building blocks.
Popular Deployment Frameworks for AWS Lambda
- lumigo.io: AWS Lambda Deployment Frameworks Compared
- thenewstack.io: Build a Serverless API with AWS Gateway and Lambda
Click to expand!
Hi aspiring cloud professional, my name is Adam and I need you to listen to me.— Adam Elmore (@aeduhm) September 29, 2021
First, I make a zillion-ish dollars per year freelancing and I stand to gain nothing from your attention.
I’m writing to you because it occurs to me that things I think are obvious probably aren’t.